“Why are you looking for the living among the dead?” asked the men. “He is not here, but He has been resurrected!” Luke 24:5-6
The resurrection changed the course of humanity for all eternity. It is because of Jesus’ resurrection from death that we are able to have life in Christ.
This weekend, we will be celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. On Good Friday, we will gather for a Night of Worship at 6pm. And on Sunday, we will gather for worship at 10am. This weekend will be a God-honoring, gospel-filled weekend.
As we near Friday and Sunday, below are a few things you can do to prepare for worship.
What can you do before this weekend?
- Invite. Invite someone to come with you to church on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. This is one of the few times of year that someone’s receptivity to attending church increases dramatically. Take advantage of the Easter season to invite someone to church with you. Hand out an invite card or share a Facebook post.
- Pray. Pray for the services, pray for those who will be coming, and pray for the gospel to be on display.
What can you do on Easter Sunday?
- Come early. Don’t wait to show up until 10:00am. Coffee will be ready by 9:40am, so plan to arrive then. With the potential of several guests, let’s leave the café and kids check-in lines as low as possible for when they arrive.
- Sit closer. So we can make a little more room for guests that are coming, sit closer to the front and closer to the middle. Let’s leave those coveted back rows and aisles seats for our guests!
- Say hello. When you see someone new, introduce yourself and say hello.
- Come expectant. Let’s sing loudly in worship and interact positively to God’s Word!
Our King is risen. Let’s get ready to celebrate His resurrection.
I’ll see you on Friday and Sunday!